Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - It's the 2nd and final day of the 10th ToyCon 2011. I originally planned on being at the convention early so I could secure a spot near the Cosplay Nation stage and watch whatever programs they had in store. Instead, I got there at about 5pm and as expected, the place was packed! I didn't really feel like jostling my way through the thick crowd so I proceeded to the ToyCon stage at the Megatrade Hall 2 area where there were less people.

There was a panel discussion going on with comic book artists Stephen Segovia, Harvey Tolibao, Ariel Atienza, and Lyndon Gregorio as the guest speakers. I listened in as they talked about their humble beginnings and how they persevered and made it in the comic book industry. It was very inspiring to hear that all their hard-work and determination paid off, specially for Stephen and Harvey since they were able to penetrate the international comic book scene.

From left to right: Stephen Segovia, Harvey Tolibao, Ariel Atienza, and Lyndon Gregorio

There was a lot of interesting talk at the panel discussion. I think I must've spent about an hour there. But it was getting late, it was time for me to get going and explore the other areas of the convention floor that I wasn't able to fully check during day 1. Besides, I was looking forward to picking up a couple of shirts... too bad none of the designs I found really appealed to me. Oh well.

Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Here are the rest of my photos from Day 2 of the ToyCon. I didn't take a lot of photos this time, so I crammed them all in here. In case you missed my photos from Day 1, please check my previous post and my set on Flickr. Enjoy!


Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Zafina cosplay from Tekken

Madam Gorski and Baby Doll cosplay

Sweet Pea, Madam Gorski, Baby Doll and Amber cosplay from the movie Sucker Punch

Iron Man / Tony Stark cosplay at Day 2 at the 10th ToyCon 2011

JayEm Sison as Gray Fullbuster from the anime/manga series, Fairy Tail

Mmm...Brainssss. Plants Vs. Zombies



Kaori and Kenshin cosplay from Samurai X / Rurouni Kenshin


War Machine and Capt. America cosplay

DJ Cleo Caliente of 99.5 RT with the King of Pop, Michael Jackson

DJ Cleo Caliente and Michael Jackson cosplayer

Zatanna, Superman, Wonder Woman, Tha Flash, Aquaman and Black Canary cosplayers

Havok, Iceman, Storm and Forge


Shaiya Online booth babe Quincel Ceridwen







Havok cosplay at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Spiral cosplay at the 10th ToyCon 2011


Psylocke cosplay at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Iron Man cosplay

Domino cosplay at the 10th ToyCon 2011

Cable cosplay at the 10th ToyCon 2011


Gaby dela Merced

Impromptu performance by the Michael Jackson cosplayer

2 comments:

  1. sayang di ko naabutan c michael jackson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sayang nga... parang si MJ din siya sumayaw. galing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...