Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let’s Talk Geeky with Schindlex Malditinni

Cosplayer Interview

One of the freshest faces in the cosplay scene, Schindlex Malditinni, is fast becoming an internet and convention personality. Her portrayal of Tomb Raider’s Lara Croft at the recently held 10th ToyCon 2011 was such a hit that an abundance of her photos can be found online.
                                 
I was fortunate enough to interview the young 16-year-old and talk about cosplay and ask how she got her name. So please read on and let’s get to know her a little bit better.






What was it about cosplaying that made you want to take it up?

Schindlex: Basically because it is related to anime, and it's somewhat a way of showing your love for the character that you chose to portray. It's really fun so once you start it, you can never give it up.

How did your family and friends react when you started cosplaying? Were they supportive right away or did anyone try to discourage you?

Schindlex: Though my family was supportive from the very start, they thought it looked weird but cute. No one really tried to discourage me, but some people who don't understand it had the "weird out" face painted on them when they discovered that I'm into cosplay.

Schindlex as Orihara Izaya
What was your first cosplay experience like?

Schindlex: It was on a small event in my school called LETRANime, I cosplayed as the female version of Orihara Izaya. To describe it, the perfect word would be "FUN!" It was so awesomely fun cause me and my sweetest friend Dada enjoyed it a lot. Epic things we did, we were so happy that day, it was our first cosplay event.



How do you choose the characters that you cosplay?

Schindlex: It's important that the character that I would cosplay is someone that I personally like or find totally cool. Other facts to be considered is that the costume should be possible to make, comfortable to wear, and that I am capable of portraying this character well.

Of the characters you’ve done so far, who is your favorite and why?

Schindlex: That would be Tomb Raider Lara Croft, and that is because people loved it a lot. Aside from that, I also get feedback that I can portray this character very well and that it suits me sublimely. I could say that I'm comfortable in portraying this character too, she's really "badass" tough, and purely awesome. I love her!






What’s your most memorable experience while cosplaying?

Schindlex and Alodia
Schindlex: My most memorable experience during cosplay events would be when I met Ms. Alodia Gosiengfiao. I was so surprised that she is so sweet and kind! I'm overjoyed that I met her! She even talked to me and shook my hand! I also got the chance to dance together with her on the stage and be on a photoshoot with her. An extremely awe-inspiring day for me. All thanks to Cosplay Nation! It is one of the must-see movies of Summer 2012, please look forward to it.



What’s the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you at a convention or event?

Schindlex: This is also the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been into during an event. A guy wanted a photo with me as his hostage, he wrapped his arms around me tight and too close and posed like that. It was terribly uncomfortable on my part. I even wanted to call out to my dad to complain about it. I saw some of the people around me with a shocked reaction to what the guy did and they were saying that what just happened was totally wrong. I really regret that, the next time it'll happen, I won't hesitate to complain about it. I'm sorry but, it's just utterly inappropriate.

What can your supporters / fans expect from you in the future?

Schindlex: Oh that would be a surprise! Hahaha. Well, I think that the excitement will be lost if I reveal what could happen in the future. So, it'll remain as a secret for now. It's for everyone's entertainment, so please be patient about it. ;)


Finally, the question I've been wanting to ask... you have a very unique name, I’m sure that there’s a story behind it. Would you mind sharing it with us?

Schindlex: Yes indeed, my name is very unique. This is because my dad originally wanted to give me the name "Lex", but then my mom thought that it was too short and that she's been meaning to use "sch" on my name. Then it so happened that they were able to watch this movie called "Schindler's List". So they decided to give me the name "Schindlex" knowing that Schindler is a man who saved a lot of people, while Lex is a very strong opponent of Superman. I find this story very interesting myself. A hero, yet a very tough villain. I thank my parents for giving me such an awesome name, they totally rock, right?

Yes they do and so do you, Schindlex!  

I would like to once again thank Schindlex Malditinni for taking the time in answering my questions. We'll definitely keep an eye out for her future cosplay plans. She is one cool lady, and we wish her all the best!

Please show your support to Schindlex by liking her Facebook Page.


Schindlex Malditinni as Lara Croft


Taken at Day 2 of the 10th ToyCon 2011
Schindlex Maid Doll




















Schindlex's 2nd cosplay: Misa Amane from Death Note

Cosplay Nation shoot with Alodia, Schindlex and company
Photo and editing by Mr. Romeo Enicasa Jr. of Cosplay Network Philippines
Schindlex together with her wonderful and sweetest friend, Dada.
Day 2 at 10th ToyCon (Cosplay Nation): Grace Cheng Yi, Schindlex and Alodia Gosiengfiao

More photos at: http://www.facebook.com/schindlex

Photo credits to:

Romeo "strOng" Enicasa Jr.
Edrex Clyde Sanchez
Vesty Piedad
Ferry Mercado
Ronald Guanzon
John Mark B. Pilapil
Ross Lacbayan
Dinho Demina
Lea Navarra
Jemille Mendoza 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...