Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 1 at the Otaku Expo 2011


Saturday, Sept. 3, 2011 - It was the start yet again of another EVENTful weekend! Otaku Expo 2011, a two-day event that celebrates Japanese pop culture, was held at the Megatrade Hall 3 in SM Megamall.

As I entered the event hall, I immediately headed to where all the different merchandise were being sold. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, so I was easily able to take photos of the goodies and do some extensive window shopping. 













A lot of kawaii stuff were up on display. Saw a little too many Angry Birds merch (from shirts, toys and whatnot) and I almost picked up a Goomba beanie which I probably never would've worn anyway.

Team Onii-chan's figure display most likely had one of the busier areas on the floor. They had a steady flow of foot traffic, with people admiring and taking photos of their personal collections.


















I didn't exactly spend a lot of time inside the event hall. Other than the figure display and the programs happening on stage, there really wasn't anything else for me to see there. I wanted to take photos of some of the attendees but I was having trouble telling who was cosplaying/costripping and who wasn't. Haha!


So I headed back out to the hallway and started taking pictures of some of the more obvious cosplayers who were around.


















Alisa (Tekken) & ANBU (Naruto) cosplay
ANBU cosplay at Otaku Expo 2011 Day 1

























Lulu cosplay from Final Fantasy








Schindlex Malditinni at the Otaku Expo 2011













That's it. Day 1 of the Otaku Expo 2011 was over for me. I just spent the remainder of my time in SM Megamall at Timezone for some Street Fighter action. Please check back again soon for my photo coverage of the Hero Face Off 2: The Ultimate Cosplay Battle which was also held in SM Megamall on the following day. More photos this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...